Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Best selling author hangs around for inspiration

Chances are you have views about 'The Da Vinci Code' by Dan Brown even if you haven't read it. With over 8 million copies sold, it's one of the best selling books of all time. The plot mixes mythology, symbology and a conspiracy theory that goes to the heart of the Vatican. The book has outraged church traditionalists and spawned at least a dozen counter-volumes that refute many of Brown's "facts". All good publicity, no doubt.

How does Dan Brown work? Here's what he says on his personal website:
If I'm not at my desk by 4:00 A.M., I feel like I'm missing my most productive hours. In addition to starting early, I keep an antique hour glass on my desk and every hour break briefly to do pushups, sit-ups, and some quick stretches. I find this helps keep the blood (and ideas) flowing. I'm also a big fan of gravity boots. Hanging upside down seems to help me solve plot challenges by shifting my entire perspective.
For more on the controversy surrounding 'The Da Vinci Code,' there are articles on the BBC website, and the Guardian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.