Sunday, November 07, 2004

Russell T Davies

The force behind the new series of Doctor Who, due to start next year, and an original series, Mine All Mine, coming to ITV, Russell T Davies is a writer in demand.

Interviewed by Nick Duerden in The Observer, he talks about his new work and the the media frenzy surrounding his first major series, Queer As Folk.
"So there I was, having to defend myself against all manner of idiotic shock jocks on the radio and some very stern journalists, as well as the people of Gay Land who were horrified that I chose to depict homosexuals as people who liked drinking and shagging. I remember thinking I could either sink or be brilliant in this situation..." Davies, shameless self-dramatist that he is, pauses, and allows the pause to become pregnant. "I chose to be brilliant."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.