Thursday, December 02, 2004

Verity Bargate winner

Matt Charman has won the prestigious Verity Bargate award with his first full-length play, reports The Stage.

The award, run by the Soho Theatre, aims to find and promote new talent from across the UK. Charman's play, A Night at the Dogs, was inspired by his time working in a crash repair shop in West Sussex.
“I had made scribblings before but it is my first full-length play. I was in pantomimes as a kid and always doing things in the back garden but then got to university and grew up and was more interested in producing and getting new stuff together. When I left university I worked with these guys at the garage one year and it occurred to me they were incredibly interesting people and I just wanted to get it down.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.