The research recommends a number of positive actions for policy bodies and key organisations including:
- the provision of general support for careers, training, and business advice, and explore targeted support
- encouraging the further development of networks, by policy bodies and key organisations both individually and collectively, to improve communication within and between the TV and film sectors
- tackling risk-averse attitudes of those in commissioning/funding
- improving and opening up the commissioning process to create a greater meritocracy
- monitoring the range of companies securing commissions and funds to evaluate trends over time.