Aimed at screenwriters, and run by Carl Schoenfeld, it will explain the requirements a film project needs to meet on the quest for the green light.
Topics covered will include:
- Overview of the technical, economic and market expectations the film meets during production and distribution
- Building good working relationships and effective companies
- The organic pitching guide
- How a producer takes control of copyright to make the exploitation of the film possible
- The Screenplay as business plan
- The UK film industry environment
- How the production team uses the screenplay to plan the film making process
- The various roles of a Producer
- What happens at the various stages of a production
- National and international distribution and writers’ profit participation
The seminar is open to all, but there is a discount for Writers' Guild members.
Full details are on the Writers' Guild website.