Thursday, May 24, 2007

The King Of Queens ends

One of America's longest running live-audience sitcoms, The King Of Queens, has come to an end. For the Writers Guild of America West, Dylan Callaghan talks to one of the show's creators, David Litt.
Here's something I learned that stuck with me the whole time during this show -- when I first started I was really into jokes. I'd have jokes in my head and write toward the jokes to the point where the story was serving the jokes. What I've learned is that it has to be the other way around. You have to write good characters and good stories and the jokes will flow from there. People worry about the jokes, but they should worry about the characters and the jokes will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.