Monday, January 21, 2008

Diablo Cody interviews

It's not every day that a screenwriter becomes a star. But not every screenwriter used to be a lapdancer. And not every screenwriter has changed their name to Diablo Cody. And not every screenwriter produces a debut as acclaimed as Juno.

Here's an interview in The Times ahead of Juno's Uk release on 8th February.

And in Written By, Matt Hoey falls head-over-heels.
The waiter arrives with our check. No! Breakfast is finished and our time almost concluded. In humble, nerdy fashion I ask Cody if she will autograph my copy of Candy Girl. She obliges - a memento of our time together!

From her blog to her book to her movie, all the work shares an original voice that is honest, hilarious, and real. As we leave and I pay her this final compliment, she thanks me for the interview (She really, really likes me!) and says, “I'm glad that I have a voice. I think you spend years experimenting with different voices as a writer so when you hit on one that feels real, it's a good feeling.”

She's gone and I think to myself, I wish I'd known a girl like Juno MacGuff when I was in high school. Just like in the movie, she'd tell me I'm the coolest person she's ever met. And that I don't even have to try.
JunoEllen Page and Olivia Thirlby in Juno, written by Diablo Cody and directed by Jason Reitman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.