Monday, June 02, 2008

Michael Patrick King interview

For the Writers Guild of America West, Danis Faye talks to the writer-director of the Sex And The City film, Michael Patrick King.
Structurally, it was quite a challenge for me because I can't think of any other movie with four female storylines that are all arced. Usually, it's Kate Hudson and her sidekick at the Starbucks who has two scenes -- and if you get long, you cut one of the sidekick's scenes and no one says boo. But I have four characters that represent four factions of the viewers. Everyone has their girl. So, I was, like, “I don't know how I'm going to do this, tell four stories in this structure that is a movie.” I had to play some hard facts, like everyone only gets one story -- which is Movie Writing 101, and as it is, it's still over 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Sex And The City trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.