- Paul Campbell on giving a talk to writers on the BBC Sharps scheme
- David Bishop on learning to trust your instincts
- David Lemon reveals the official teaser for his upcoming film, Faintheart
- John Morrison reviews the RSC's new production of Hamlet (directed by Greg Doran and starring David Tennant)
- Stuart Perry on Robert McKee
Predictably, McKee took a few verbal beatings in different sessions at the Screenwriters' Festival, but I like his book 'Story' - it has some useful practical advice, and it's clear and well-argued with good examples. I also loved the lampooning of some of his excesses in 'Adaptation' too. As, I'm pretty sure, did McKee himself.
I don't agree with anyone who says 'Don't read any of the screenwriting manuals'. Read them all: Vogler, Field, Parker, etc., etc. All of them. And ignore them all if you want, or ignore bits of them, and use other bits.