Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Magnus Mills interview

In The Telegraph, Julian Flanagan talks to novelist Magnus Mills about his new book, The Maintenance Of Headway,and why he still works as a bus driver.
Mills's characters rarely have inner lives.

"That's just how I write." He adds, without rancour, "I think I'll never be on the Booker Prize list again because my books don't fit into that. There are no pages of inner reflection. I can't be bothered with that."

Does Mills actually want to write more?

"Not at the moment, but I suppose I will. I'm a bit lazy about writing. I spend hours listening to music, messing about with my plants. I'm teaching myself piano. When I'm writing, I love it. But I've got so many other things."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.