Monday, November 09, 2009

Jimmy McGovern interview

On the BBC Writersroom site, an interview with Guild member Jimmy McGovern.
You were on Brookside for seven years, were you changed by that experience or were you just ready for the next thing?

Yes I was changed. I met some great people, directors, actors. I learnt my trade, how to mine a story, I could write you a half hour episode about who makes the tea and that becomes a big discussion of sexual politics or the role of a sixteen year old son and it all starts off with who makes the tea. And I learnt a respect for my life and my experiences. I knew they were worthy.
There are still tickets left for the next two BBC Writersroom Q&As, with Miranda Hart and with Stephen Poliakoff and Jane Wright - both at the Soho Theatre in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.