Thursday, June 17, 2010

Emmy roundtable - drama showrunners

For The Hollywood Reporter, Matthew Belloni talks to Emmy-nominated US drama showrunners. T
The Hollywood Reporter: What do you say when people outside the business ask you what your job is?
More awards coverage

Michelle King: That's assuming any of us talk to people outside the business. (Laughs.) I don't think most of us leave the office much.

Matt Nix: I say writer. If they're curious, I say writer-producer. If they're really curious, writer, producer, casting.

THR: "Manager" doesn't make it in?

Nix: You end up sounding like a douchebag if you say "I'm the manager."

Daniel Zelman: I lead with writer. The other stuff would be impossible to explain. Really what I feel like what I do is put out fires constantly. And it would be hard to describe what those fires are and what goes into putting them out. Sometimes I start a few of my own, as well.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:55 pm

    I particularly liked the unexpressed views of the silent woman...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.