Saturday, June 25, 2005

Elaine Sperber to leave CBBC

From the BBC Press Office:
Elaine Sperber has decided to leave the BBC after six and a half years as CBBC's Head of Drama.

During her time with CBBC she has been instrumental in producing and commissioning some 53 series, serials and single dramas including the highly successful Tracy Beaker, Kidnapped, Feather Boy, Stig Of The Dump, Pig Heart Boy and Mark Haddon's original comedy, Microsoap.

Elaine said: "When I arrived at the BBC I wanted to make children's and family dramas which were more contemporary and reflected the lives of the audience who watch our shows.

"I was committed to expanding the range of content and style for the viewers, treating them as the sophisticated consumers of programmes they truly are. I think I have achieved that."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.