Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A writer's entourage

In Written By, the Writers' Guild of America West magazine, David Hoag looks at the rise of literary managers and the other roles in Hollywood writers' growing entourages.
“Primarily, for me, the manager is very hands-on in development of spec material, which is really what I have him for,” says screenwriter Keith Domingue, who has written feature assignments for Village Roadshow, Dimension Films, and MGM, among others. “I look for someone who will become a development partner. I need that because it allows me to take more creative risks with my spec material.” As a result, Domingue will work through multiple drafts with his manager, something generally not possible with an agent. “From my experience, few agents have the time for that,” he adds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.