Thursday, July 05, 2007

Eric Bress and J. Mackye Gruber

For the Writers Guild of America West, Bridie Lee talks to scriptwriters Eric Bress and J. Mackye Gruber (The Butterfly Effect, Kyle XY) about their long road to success.
I had given myself 10 full years. By year six, I fly back to New York and I'm eating with my Dad and my dad says, “Eric, what are you doing with your life? It's never too late to go back to law school.” At the same time, I don't even think my brain could retain information like it used to in school. I'm ruined. I'm damaged goods over here. I don't know what else to do. It was a big idea to think 10 years, but by the time we got to year seven, we were ready to crack. There are only so many times, month after month, where people can ask, “How much longer are you going to keep this up before you turn into a real person?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.