Friday, August 31, 2007

WGAE's Mona Mangan to retire

Mona Mangan, executive director of the Writers Guild of America, East (WGAE), has announced her intention to retire from the position. Mangan has served as the WGAE’s executive director for the past 29 years.

“This has been an enormously exciting and challenging job and one I’m thrilled to have had for so many years,” said Mona Mangan. “The challenges the Guild has faced have been interesting, complicated, and difficult at times, but I’m extremely proud of the accomplishments that our Council and staff and I have achieved on behalf of our members. I’m very grateful to the members and staff who have helped make this job so rewarding. I can only hope that my new projects will be as professionally and personally rewarding as my work at the Guild has been.”

Mangan will continue to serve as WGAE executive director until her successor has joined the Guild and a transition period has been completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.