Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Writing Control

On The Guardian's Film Blog, Matt Greenhalgh (who won the Guild/List prize at the Edinburgh Film Festival) talks about writing the film Control, about Ian Curtis of Joy Division.
In the research phase, I had a hitlist of people who knew Ian to go to see to get it right. As a biographer, you've got to be right. Some can try to bully you into presenting their version of Ian - we'd have a showdown and I was just waiting to get "well, you didn't even know Ian" thrown into my face. But Tony Wilson just said: "Fuck 'em, go write the myth". I felt free after getting his permission.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning, I'm an italian 32 aged journalist. I have an ambitious project: create a magazine and a blog that collects contributes of several journalists (young, not professionists, not emplyed, not great names) from all over the world who like writing about international politics, his/her country, habits and events, culture, economy...for italian readers. I'm looking for them, people who dreams a chance to sign columns as international journalists, to create the team of writers to start at beginning of 2008. can you help me to find in your country? thank you an answer or let somebody interested contact me at ilabaia@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.