Thursday, July 23, 2009

Advising Hollywood on policing

For the Writers Guild of America West, Denis Faye talks Randy Walker about advising filmmakers about depicting the police.
What they get wrong, in my opinion, is the demeanor or the character of the officers. Captains of police, or sergeants or lieutenants or supervisors don’t scream at policemen. In my 28 years, I never had anyone yell at me to do my job properly or that I had done my job improperly.

When I see the big captain come into the room and say, “I want this homicide solved in three days!” I mean, please. Give me a break. And I think the general public is much more aware of how these investigations go. A lot of these shows like 48 Hours have enlightened them that most of these cases don’t get solved in three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.