Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Face to Facebook

On the Writers' Guild website, Amanda Whittington explains why she created a Facebook group for her play Be My Baby.
At certain times of the year, I get daily emails from students studying the play and they all ask similar questions about character, design and research. Often, I’d receive an email from one student and when I’d replied, I’d get five more from the same group all asking about their characters! I’m happy to help but answering each one individually was time-consuming. I also wanted to guide them away from thinking I had all the answers and encourage them to think for themselves. I felt the students could help each other just as effectively and Facebook seemed the obvious place for them to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.