Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dave Cohen on the Comedy Store Players

On Chortle, Guild member Dave Cohen reflects on 25 years of the Comedy Store Players and wonders whatever happened to Mike Myers.
Are you aware that Sunday October 31 is the 25th anniversary of the first ever show by the Comedy Store Players? Probably not. The Players don’t do big anniversaries, just get on with their job, and will perform twice in that week, same as they’ve been doing for years. The 31st will be just one more Sunday, to add to the tally of 1,300 previous Sundays: no big name guests, no TV cameras. You’re unlikely to be reading much about this milestone in comedic achievement elsewhere.

I, however, shall be milking it for all it’s worth. After all, I was one of the founding members, and even if I left after just six months... OK, even if I was sacked after just six months, I was still there at the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.